“Inspiring people to quit their jobs since 2012” – Von Wong
1. What is your favorite word? Probably… discombobulated. It sounds funny
2. What is your least favorite word? Weather or whether. I still mix the two up.
I first heard of Ben Von Wong’s photography several years ago when I had some friends work on his shoots. I’d hear stories about how he would map out the course of the sun so he would know the exact position at the exact moment to get his perfect shot in the right area of the location. Always creative, always over the top, Von Wong creates his beautiful work with precision and a sense of adventure.
3. What turns you on? Adventure
4. What turns you off? Routine Von Wong has taken his work to the next level with each project being bigger than the last. He travels the world, working with many amazing teams to create images that are larger than life. With fantastic lighting, insane costuming and awe inducing locations, these images are more than just photographs, they’re pieces of art.
5. What sound do you love? Firewood burning
6. What sound do you hate? Traffic / Car Horns
7. What is your favorite curse word? “Bollocks” makes me laugh every time. “Dogs Bollocks” is also pretty awesome haha.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I think it’d be fun to become an inventor one of these days. Too bad my technical abilities don’t match my imagination.
Not only does he create amazing work, he also shares many how-to videos as well as behind the scene videos. From what equipment he uses, to how he retouches his images, Ben is extremely transparent with how he creates his work. I’m always fascinated with how creative minds think and I really enjoy listening to him work his way through large concept shoots.
9. What profession would you not like to do? I’d make a terrible accountant.
10.If heaven exists,what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Rest in peace. 😛
It’s so nice to see a photographer come up with such unique and inspiring photos. Ben’s work reminds me that no idea or project is too big when you have the drive to make it happen.
To follow Ben Von Wong’s amazing journey in photography:
There are so many more beautiful series on his sites, it is definitely worth your time to go through them all. Enjoy!
*** The 10 questions are from the Pivot Questionnaire that James Lipton used on the Actor’s Studio.